Pages - Menu

Thursday, February 20, 2014

DIY Fabric Softener in 5 minutes

One of my favorite things about this softener is getting to choose the scent! I don't know about you, but I love the smell of clean laundry! What I don't love: paying buckoo bucks for the scent. This fabric softener is very cheap and easy to make and a little bit goes a long ways!


What you need:
2 cups Hair Conditioner (cheapest you can find in a scent you love! I use Sauve and V05)
3 cups White Vinegar
6 cups Hot Water
Several Drops of Essential Oils (this is optional, sometimes I add it, last time I didn't)
Large Mixing Bowl
Whisk
Measuring Cup
Bottles to hold the Fabric Softner (I re-used some old detergent bottles)


Whisk hot water and conditioner together in bowl until fully incorporated.

Add in vinegar and essential oil (if using). Mix until combined.

Pour mixture into container of choice (I like to re-use an old fabric softener bottle because then I can use the measurement cap).


We add half a capful to each load of laundry.

Super easy and super cheap with a customize-able scent (I love mixing Lavender and Vanilla conditioners together)! What scents would you use?

No comments:

Post a Comment