Pages - Menu

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Donald's Weight Loss Progress - 30 pounds in 10 weeks!

I have spent many years of my married life unhappy with my appearance and no matter what I did nothing helped me lose weight. I did various diets that didn't satisfy my body and had little-to-no effect on my appearance. Eventually I gave up on wight loss all together. I figured if I was going to be fat all my life, "I am going to enjoy myself." That's kind of a sobering thought at this moment. I have not only gotten healthier over the last 10 weeks but I have dropped 30 lbs and I have never felt better!


Now let me give you a bit of background. I love to camp and shoot things and get out in nature. I enjoy watching football and rooting for my team (GO HAWKS!). I have a real desire to know how to provide for my family without having to spend money on everything we do. I am not a lazy guy; I never have been. What I mean by this is that I work hard.

I was a furniture mover for all of my marriage (6 years) until we moved to Nevada. Basically that was a standard workout, 5 days a week, for 6 hours of my usual 8-10 hour work days.. What I found though is that no matter what I ate, I stayed in a general weight range due to the type of work. So my diet consisted of burgers and fries and whatever else seemed to fill me up. I had no regard for the quality of food that I put in my body. It is satisfying for a while to give in and not care, but ultimately terrible for you! So after 6 years of eating this way regularly, I hadn't noticed the weight that I had put on. To be completely transparent, I went from around 275 lbs when I first got married to my highest weight of 410 lbs after moving to Nevada.


I gained 135 lbs. I literally put on a person. I was shocked and disgusted with myself; I had let it all go.

So the light at the end of the tunnel! I began to watch my wife lose weight. I heard that she was sticking to the Weston A Price Foundation diet consisting of whole organic foods, raw milk and cheese, healthy fats, as well as some other foods. I was very skeptical of this new "diet" (which I now consider a lifestyle). I watched over a number of months as my wife dropped over 50 lbs. HOLY COW, I was so impressed and still am!

At this point it was do or die. If I was going to try this way of living I had to make a decision and look at it as a challenge. I started eating what my wife would eat, whole healthy foods, with a good amount of animal products, like meats, fats, and bone broths.

At first I didn't notice a whole lot of difference. I felt better for sure; more energy, happier. Then it began. I started dropping weight like crazy. My body was finally getting all the nutrients that it needed to operate normally. No more grease and junk to make it run like a car with three cylinders (haha).

Over the last ten weeks, I have gone from 410 lbs to 379 lbs!

I am now so impressed with myself and how I have accepted a challenge that is making a huge difference in my life! It has been a great journey so far, with a ways to go, but I am up for the challenge! You will see various posts from me on how I eat hearty meals, still lose weight, and enjoy it! Look for many BBQ posts, homemade sauces, and much more that make this way of life awesome for guys too! 

1 comment: