Pages - Menu

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Easy Home Remedy for Minor Burns

A while back, I got a really painful steam burn on my finger. No matter how much cold water I submerged it in, the pain continued. For hours. It was on a Saturday night and I had to get up early the next morning to lead worship from guitar. So I started googling home remedies for burns. I came a cross this site.

I was shocked to see aluminum foil on the top of the list! But I was so desperate, I decided to try it. Amazingly enough, it worked!


Method 1:
Place burn under cold running water for several minutes.
Dry burn area.
Slather antibiotic cream on burn.
Put foil, shiny side to burn, on the effected area (if applicable, wrap snugly).
Wrap some tape around the foil to help keep it in place.
Leave on for at least 30 minutes or for as long over night.

Method 2:
Place burn under cold running water for several minutes.
Dry burn area.
Put foil, shiny side to burn, on effected area (if applicable, wrap snugly).
Wrap with tape.
Leave on for 20-30 minutes.

With my steam burn, I used method one. I had actually tried just using the antibiotic cream before finding the foil idea. So instead of trying to rub off the cream, I just put the foil on top of it. The relief wasn't instantaneous; it took a few minutes to start kicking in. After about 30 minutes, it was considerably better. Because I had to be able to use my finger the next day, I decided to just sleep with it on. It had started to blister slightly the night before and when I checked on it the next morning, there was no evidence of the burn!

I happened to burn my finger again just this week. It definitely wasn't as bad as my steam burn. I just wrapped some foil around it for about 20 minutes and the pain went away. I did have a mark left this time, which tells me the foil and antibiotic cream must be more healing combination!

Please do keep in mind, if you have a severe burn, seek medical attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment