Pages - Menu

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe {Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and Low Sugar}

Donald's 26th birthday was this last week and he asked if I could make him peanut butter cookies as his celebratory treat. As with a lot of our recipes now, I knew I could invent a healthier version of a classic recipe. One of the things I've been subbing in is all natural sugar alternatives. Here's the recipe I came up with.


What you need:

1/2 C Natural Peanut Butter
1/2 C Coconut Sugar
1 Egg
1 Tbsp Arrowroot Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Vanilla
Pinch of Sea Salt

Preheat oven to 350.

Cream peanut butter, egg, and coconut sugar. Mix in the rest of the ingredients.

Use a tablespoon to form and drop cookies on to a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Makes about 12. Flatten slightly.


Bake for 7-9 minutes.

At 8 minutes, cookies have a nice crisp around the edges, but still soft in the middle.



Before I could snap a picture, most of the cookies were gone! That's the only after shot I could get =) Needless to say, they were a hit! They did not have quite the same texture as traditional peanut butter cookies, but we loved this new texture with the crunch around the edge and a little soft in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment